Ruby AEB Vanderzee

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Carmen Miranda seen Monday in Beverly Hills


Oh, Chicita Banana!!!! Ay, ay, ay! Some days I get up in the morning and have to sing a little ditty about how fun this road is that I roll along. Monday started with leaving the boyfriend at LAX to go back to JFK. I dashed back to a beach bungalow in Venice where we were priveledged enough to stay the night. Quick change and OYE! CARMEN MIRANDA ESTOY YO! Zoom, zoom, zoom round the 10 up Robertson and into lovely, lovely Beverly Hills. In a fancy shmancy casting agency with glass doors Carmen(me) sat on an equally colorful couch and stared at the 8 screens of tv's with the same music video flashing as the other actors rolled in dressed as clowns, magicians, girls on roller skates...and then, in the audition, we did a scene eatting gummy bears....In my head, I'm singing..."Caramelo a Kilo, oye! Yo tengo de coco y pina, limon y miel de abeja!" (Celia Cruz) On the walk out..."I'm in Hollywood!!! La, da, da, da! Hollywood!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home