Ruby AEB Vanderzee

Friday, April 13, 2007

I am going to start Graduate School at NYU!!!!

So, I did move to NYC for NYU afterall!

The price is high.
The advisors have advised. (Thank you Suzanne, Michael, Dad, Aunt Joanne.)
BUT....

I'm going with Mom on this one. Mother knows best, right?

I wouldn't have applied if I didn't have a NEED, a thirst, an insatiable appetite for SKILLS to continue advancing in my field. And, there IS always a value to higher education.

The Graduate Program is NYU's Gallatin School of Individualized Studies. My field?
Children's Educational Media.

I will start with one class in the fall. (At the low, low price of $4000/class!!!!) Donations accepted, by the way. Funding for Grad School is like zilch, unless you're a PhD. I am considering that route eventually, but my bind is that I'm multi-disciplinary, needing to draw from courses in media production, business, education and dance/anthro. I will continue working at BrainPop.com full time as a Producer. I can afford to do it one class at a time. On the pay-as-I-go program.

The pie in the sky goal was/is to create a kids' show and get my Master's for it. Bill Cosby did it (Fat Albert!) and so can I! I have an incredible advisor, Lynne McVeigh, who is the mecca of all things Kids TV, NYC.

This one's for me. And, I'm thrilled!!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Prince of Lemuria said...

I knew that you wouldn't pass up on this! Rock on baby!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home