Ruby AEB Vanderzee

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Many Happy Returns






Indian birthdays are so sweet I might just come back next year to do it again.
I celebrated my 31st b-day on the 13th (any good omens there for the year to day palendrome?)
Many well wishes from friends near and far and many little surprises in the office.
My staff gave me an Aquarius coffee mug and some ornate bindhis. My partner surprised me with a peradot and sterling ring- the ring of commitment to Mooptroop I presume.
They bought me a lovely cake and in the Indian tradition, only once you cut the cake do they sing (while clapping). The first piece was smeared on my cheeks, like tribal ceremonial paint, with the expression and handshakes wishing for 'Many Happy Returns."

My colleagues Leah, Prakash and Martin and I stayed in due to political rioting that evening and had a lovely evening of storytelling and order in paneer tikka masala, my new favorite, served of course, in a heartshaped dish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home